World of Esaene (ENWorld)

Sunday, August 13, 2006

Combat thoughts

Combat has been going pretty well, but something about the feel just isn't right yet. I'm going to play around with a few more variants and possible changes at the next game; there should be plenty of combat on a larger scale, as opposed to the few small scale tilts the characters have been involved with the past few weeks.

I actually took a few days off to clear my head and I went through some variants in Unearthed Arcana and other places and I may have sparked some further ideas on keeping the combat grim (which the players have responded to favorably thus far) and keeping it within the right feel that I'm looking for. I've spoken with Ryan Nock (of Elements of Magic fame) recently about the magic system and he said he'd look at it after GenCon (which ended today). I definitely have to make it up there next year. Hopefully I'll have a new game book in tow too.

No comments: